Sunday 18 October 2009


My Magazine cover




This is my final magazine cover. I have used a direct mode of address when it says 'why not get a head start?' and I also have used indirect mode of address for most of my text. My text is informal as it contains some slang and it is exclusive because it is only meant to appeal to a certain age as it is a school magazine. It is dealing with a certain target. I did not follow my magazine plan properly as there are some parts I have changed. I have evaluated my magazine cover after getting feedback and also the things I have changed from my magazine plan which is above on my slideshare.

I have used eye flow as the eye flows from the left to the right as my main coverline is at the end. I firstly opened my image up on Adobe Photoshop. I then removed all spots and made her flawless by using the spot healing tool and blur. After I removed the background from my model by using the magic wand as I wanted a background of a school building. I made a new layer and then put the background I wanted I then duplicated my model and placed her infront of the school building. To make her fit into the background I had blurred her and made it look more realistic by using tools from Adobe Photoshop.

After I got my image and background sorted, I started my text I added a more appealing text to my masthead and kicker to make it stand out more than my explanatory text. I then added my text in and placed it where it would look more realistic and attractive. I made my main kicker stand out more by making the sizes larger and allowing it to take up the most space.